Thursday, February 28, 2008

McHale Stone (November 1993-February 27, 2008)

McHale Stone was my best friend, my confidant, my first pet! Yesterday, he died!

I got McHale back in January 1994 when I turned 10 for my birthday. From that day until now, he gave me and my family a lot of laughter and love. But he had been declining over the months and in the last week his time was drawing to a rapid end.

I can’t express to you in words how much I love him. He would excited every time he saw me, heard me and even smelled me (when blindness took his sight)! He heard me preach so many messages in my room and when I would give the invitation, he would come forward. Thus I know that he was saved! :-) He was a proud Baptist, by running off the Church of God visitors and Jehovah Witness missionaries that would visit on Saturday mornings.

He was there for me. He’d sleep in the bed with me every night. I love him unconditionally. I’ll miss him more than words can express. He’ll never be replaced and I’ll cherish the memories!

Good-bye, my friend! I LOVE YOU!

Barry Stone

No comments: